Friday, October 02, 2020

Five year time capsule post

Five year time capsule post

October 2, 2015

Rodent Infestation Averted?

Wonder what it would be like one year from now.  Most probably we won't be living here.

I sent the following message to S:

A couple of days ago we were talking to Brenda, neighbor to the right, when we found out she is trying to solve her rodent infestation problem; she mentioned that her neighbor on the other side also has the same problem.  Subsequent to that conversation I started paying more attention to any noise coming from our attic.  Can't tell if I am being paranoid, but I do hear some rustling in attic late at night.  There is a tree in front that has its branches touching the roof surface.  Yesterday, when the gardeners came I talked to them about the possibility of trimming the tree branches; they said I'd have to talk to the owner (you). Thought I should bring all this to your attention, before this rodent problem really surfaces here.

S was here today.  He trimmed the tree branches.  He said in the last twenty-five years the rodent problem came up only twice and he was able to take care of it.  He said as a precaution he will put a few mouse traps, with peanut butter in them, in the attic.  He also thought what I heard late at night might be the neighbor's cats walking on our roof.

No comments: