Thursday, September 18, 2008

First the story:

An Indian Lady went to Sabzi Mandi ( Scarborough) to shop for grocerie. She was buying Bhindies & as A Good Shopper she was checking each bhindies carefully & of course trying to get the best ones from the bottom of the Box. Little later she noticed some blood on her finger & not making a big deal out of it she sucked out the blood putting the finger in the mouth. Couple minutes later she fainted & of course the paramedics were called but unfortunately she did not survive. Upon the autopsy they revealed that she had died of the snake bite/poison. Everyone was shocked that how could in this part of the world she would
have died of snake poison. After the investigation they found that a small GREEN snake had come along
with the Bhindi's & of course had gone unnoticed . This small green snake is one of the most dangerous
& poisonous snake in the world. So people please be careful when buying the Bhindi's.

And now my comments:

This baseless story has existed for various Desi-grocery-stores/Subzi-Mandis in different geographical areas and around various vegetables and fruits.

Here it is being discussed by many:

Please keep the Internet free of spam.

Okra photo courtesy of Iowa State University

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sad but Untrue

The forwarded email message reads:

Hi, my name is Amirtha

I am 7-years old, and I have severe lung cancer ... I also have a large tumor in my brain, from repeated beatings. Doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed, and my family can't pay the bills.

The Make A Wish Foundation has agreed to donate 7 cents for every time this message is sent on.

For those of you who send this along, I thank you so much, but for those who don't send it, what goes around comes around.Have a Heart, please send this.

Please, if you are a kind person, send this on. PLEASE HIT FORWARD BUTTON NOT REPLY BUTTON.



A sad story, a stolen picture of a young innocent face, a recognizable charity's name used in the message, and thousands of people get easily fooled into forwarding this spam. Please don't.