Thursday, September 18, 2008

First the story:

An Indian Lady went to Sabzi Mandi ( Scarborough) to shop for grocerie. She was buying Bhindies & as A Good Shopper she was checking each bhindies carefully & of course trying to get the best ones from the bottom of the Box. Little later she noticed some blood on her finger & not making a big deal out of it she sucked out the blood putting the finger in the mouth. Couple minutes later she fainted & of course the paramedics were called but unfortunately she did not survive. Upon the autopsy they revealed that she had died of the snake bite/poison. Everyone was shocked that how could in this part of the world she would
have died of snake poison. After the investigation they found that a small GREEN snake had come along
with the Bhindi's & of course had gone unnoticed . This small green snake is one of the most dangerous
& poisonous snake in the world. So people please be careful when buying the Bhindi's.

And now my comments:

This baseless story has existed for various Desi-grocery-stores/Subzi-Mandis in different geographical areas and around various vegetables and fruits.

Here it is being discussed by many:

Please keep the Internet free of spam.

Okra photo courtesy of Iowa State University

No comments: